The Sun newspaper began publication in 1891 in the W.G. Webster building on Front Street. The weekly newspaper was edited and published by Jesse Allen Luse from 1891 until his death in 1944. The Sun moved into the present building in 1911, where Luse combined newspaper and job printing.
The Marshfield Sun Printing Museum preserves The Sun printing office in its original layout and with its original printing presses, type cases, imposing tables, and other tools of the printing trade.
George S. Turnbull, Oregon newspaper historian, wrote in 1939 that The Sun was ‘one of the last surviving handset papers in Oregon.’ It was typical of newspaper printing shops on the western frontier.